Paul's Note: I use twice as much cheese as recommended and bake it until the top is slightly burned (yummy!). I normally triple the recipe since it makes wonderful leftovers.
8 ounces Mueller's Elbow Macaroni
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Cook pasta 6 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, salt & pepper in medium saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth.
- Add butter, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheese until melted.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Submitted by @Bluestocking of the FCR Forum